[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: My issues (or missunderstandings) with Jboss Tools

Alexey Kazakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 18 14:20:32 EDT 2011

Alexey Kazakov [http://community.jboss.org/people/akazakov] created the discussion

"Re: My issues (or missunderstandings) with Jboss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594165#594165

Tim, all the paths in Seam setting page are relatives. And Seam projects use names of Seam runtimes (not paths). So you can share projects and don't depend on local file systems. But yes, you have to configure Seam runtimes for particular workspaces which can be used by Seam projects. It's a common way to set up runtimes in Eclipse: JREs, Servers, etc. You cannot use a relative path because the runtime may be outside workspace.
In JSF import/configure project page you are asked to use absolute paths but actually only relative paths will be stored in project settings, so you can share JSF projects too without any need to re-configure the project in another workspace.

Here are some more questions:
1. Please check if the following builder is in your .project: <name>org.jboss.tools.jst.web.kb.kbbuilder</name>. Do you have such a builder in your .project?
2. Any errors in Error log?
3. So, finally does it work for you or code completion/refacotring/search doesn't work from time to time?