[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Workitem handler registration declaratively?

byungwoojun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 20 18:15:12 EDT 2011

byungwoojun [http://community.jboss.org/people/byungwoojun] created the discussion

"Workitem handler registration declaratively?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594334#594334

I learned that the service task can be defined in a configuration file (see the following example), and added into the drools.rulebase.conf file (e.g., drools.workDefinitions = WorkDefinitions.conf abc.conf xyz.conf). It is obivous so far. To register a workitem handler for a service task, we use the following code:

ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Notification", new NotificationWorkItemHandler());

Is there any way to register a workitem handler for a service task *declaratively* (e.g., using the configuration file)? Here is the reason why I ask this question. When a BPMN2 designer added a new service task and used it in a process flow, I don't want the user needs to change Java code for its registration.

Example:

  [
    "name" : "Notification",
    "parameters" : [
      "Message" : new StringDataType(),
      "From" : new StringDataType(),
      "To" : new StringDataType(),
      "Priority" : new StringDataType(),
    ],

     "results" : [
        "Result" : new StringDataType()
    ]

    "displayName" : "Notification",
    "icon" : "icons/notification.gif"
  ]

Can we define a workitem handler here? Or, any other declarative way? So, the workitem handler can be automatically bound to the Notification Service Task without changing code.

Thanks,
bwj