[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: My issues (or missunderstandings) with Jboss Tools

Alexey Kazakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 21 14:41:52 EDT 2011

Alexey Kazakov [http://community.jboss.org/people/akazakov] created the discussion

"Re: My issues (or missunderstandings) with Jboss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594571#594571

> No, the builder is not in the .project file. What does this builder do? What process should put it in there?

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.kb.kbbuilder is JBoss Knowledgeable builder. This builder gethers information for code assist. Without this builder you will still have code assist working but some info won't be updated if you change resources. It's exactly what you have (see the problem with updated attributes in your XSDs). This builder is added when you enable Seam support or add JSF capability to the project.

You should be asked only once when you open any xhtml from the project without enabled JSF capability in case you had choose to install it.
Looking at your error log I guess you tried to add JSF capability and it failed to install Eclipse WTP Web facet to the project. Probably the structure of the project couses such an error. WTP can't handle it. So what I suggest you to do:

1. Desable Seam support for the project. It will remove Seam/KB builders/natures.
2. Enable Seam support again. It will add Seam and KB builders/natures to the project.
3. When you open any XHTML and see the dialog again, use the check box to avoid seeing it again. Without WTP web facet and JSF nature you won't have some minor code assist. For example code assist for <h:graphicImage value="|"/>