[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Workitem handler registration declaratively?

byungwoojun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 22 13:15:56 EDT 2011

byungwoojun [http://community.jboss.org/people/byungwoojun] created the discussion

"Re: Workitem handler registration declaratively?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594856#594856

Thanks, Mauricio. I didn't find any decent Drools/jBPM 5 spring configuration document, but I found a blog, saying about jBPM5, WorkItemHandler as Spring Bean,  http://community.jboss.org/thread/160352 http://community.jboss.org/thread/160352 (Michal Minicki posted the following example). It gave me some ideas how Spring can help here. I know Spring framwork is flexible and useful, but I have some reservations (or I am debating) if I have to bring the Spring framework additionally to solve this issue...

e.g.,

<drools:ksession id="jpaSingleSessionCommandService" type="stateful" kbase="knowledgeBase">
<drools:configuration>
<drools:work-item-handlers>
<drools:work-item-handler name="Notification" ref="refToNotificationWorkItemHandler" />
</drools:work-item-handlers>
<drools:jpa-persistence>
<drools:transaction-manager ref="transactionManager" />
<drools:entity-manager-factory ref="entityManagerFactory" />
</drools:jpa-persistence>
</drools:configuration>
</drools:ksession>

Is there any jBPM solution, using some configuration files? If not, I am thinking about creating a simple XML-format configuration file (similar to the above), and the code can retrieve a set of service tasks (name) and workitem handlers (ref) and bind them in a loop. Maybe I end up using Spring framework, but...

BTW, is there WorkItem configuration schema or syntax? I saw there are name, parameters, results, displayName, icon and customEditor. Are they a complete list? What other tags I can put? I tried to find its syntax/schema, but no luck so far.

thanks,
bwj