[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: EAR+WAR+EJB ... cannot find resource ... classloader problem on my side?

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 22 16:20:01 EDT 2011

Peter Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: EAR+WAR+EJB ... cannot find resource ... classloader problem on my side?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594896#594896

Per the spec, load-api.jar does not have any visibility into classes within webapp.war.  So the correct solution is to place the properties file outside of the WAR file. You can place it into its own JAR file, or into load-api.jar or myejb.jar, whichever works best.

There are some settings that can change this. In 5.1.0, in server/xxx/deployers/jbossweb.deployer/META-INF/war-deployers-jboss-beans.xml look for useJBossWebLoader and java2ClassLoadingCompliance within the WarDeployer bean. Of course, employing this solution is JBoss AS-sepcific and will not apply to other app servers (though they might have alternate mechanisms to do this).

 You never said which version of JBoss AS you are using so if it is not 5.1.0 I'll leave it to you to find the file containing the settings. Grep is your friend...