[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Binding JBoss to two addresses but not all addresses

Darryl Baker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 22 17:48:02 EDT 2011

Darryl Baker [http://community.jboss.org/people/dpbaker57] created the discussion

"Re: Binding JBoss to two addresses but not all addresses"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594911#594911

My friend Murphy, the guy with the law, is making me do this first on 4.0.5.

So the file is deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml, right? I know it is but reassurance is always good.

 If add a second connector could I make it use a new variable like jboss.bind.address2? Then set that on the calling command line as "-D" param to the java command? We are still using JavaService.exe but will move to JavaServiceWrapper soon. I'm trying to figure out if it would work if I set it at the same place we set the variables used for the JVM and our application. I'm trying to make it clear where to change the IP in the future for me or my successor, if needed. Rather than down somewhere in the configuration tree.

One last question do you think I can do the same for AJP if needed? In the immediate case it isn't.