[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Defining Processes Using the Process API

Sergio # do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 23 07:07:05 EDT 2011

Sergio # [http://community.jboss.org/people/strykow] created the discussion

"Re: Defining Processes Using the Process API"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595042#595042

To the best of my knowledge, the procedure of creating and running processes is as follows:

1. You create a *process diagram* using Eclipse-based process editor. The diagram is stored as XML file.
2. When you want to run a process, the process diagram (XML file) is translated into a *process object model* kept in a memory.
3. The fluent API is meant for dealing with the process object model. You can manipulate it or even you can create it from the scratch.
4. For dealing with the process diagram you can use standard XML API for direct processing of XML document or you can use API of a plugin which was used to create the process editor (GEF probably, but I'm not sure here).

Best regards,

Sergio