[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Re: jboss enterprise application startup when DB is down

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 24 06:35:29 EDT 2011

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: jboss enterprise application startup when DB is down"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595303#595303

I've experimented a bit.
If the DB is not available the *-ds will not be deployed.
The EJB2 persistence jar depend on the DS and is also not deployed.
If the DB is available again --> NOTHING happen
If I touch the *-ds.xml afterwards, the DS and the EJB.jar is started.

I'm don't know whether there is an option to force that the DS check the DB-connection periodicaly  :(

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]