[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Creating processes from a webapp clinet, Srping & MySQL

Amen Amane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 24 06:39:32 EDT 2011

Amen Amane [http://community.jboss.org/people/kluverkamp] created the discussion

"Creating processes from a webapp clinet, Srping & MySQL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595306#595306

Hi all,
First, am all new the jBPM world !

in the goal of making a project for studies, i have been asked to build up a webpa that allow project architects to create workflows using forms only (no use for the graphic designer) so i am reading now about the flunet process api provided in the jBPM 5 sources.

so, i will need a container for the process definition. I found that the sample example uses Drools Guvunor for that purpose.

Note also that i will use Alfresco as File container so i will need to use the REST interface of the Human Task serivce.

So my question is:

Could i generate a process definition and add it to the work without recompiling the project ?
Also, about the use of Guvnour is it unevitable in my context ?

another  thing, i want to use MySQL 5 as persistence provider. Does jBPM 5 manages all the necessary transactions to save the process states ? How to restore the process to the saved state, then ?

One last thing, because the documentations is under construction, could i refers to the jBPM 4 or 3 docs ? (especially that i think am not gonna use the BPMN2 alot here ?)

Thanks !