[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Pack jars into folders for unique deployment of EAR application

dhivesh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 25 10:35:08 EDT 2011

dhivesh [http://community.jboss.org/people/dhivesh] created the discussion

"Pack jars into folders for unique deployment of EAR application"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595609#595609

Hi,

I wanted to know if it's possible to deploy an EAR application which exclusively contains jar's, but have some singularities that are described below.
The issue is that I would like to divide the jar's into various folders inside the lib folder of the application, in order to have the libraries more structured.
I wouldn't like to mix up all the jars in the lib folder or create various EAR applications (one for each group of jars). Also, I don't want to put the jar's in the server runtime because this would mean that restarts of the server are necessary each time there is a change (and the server contains various applications that shouldn't be affected).

I've tried to apply this solution, but when I reference the libraries from another application at runtime (not in compilation time) these are not found. Is there a possible way of structuring libraries this way? A valid solution for me would also be encapsulating various EARs if it exists with JBOSS (this way I would create various EAR's, one for each group of jars, and encapsulate them into a single deployment).

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Best regards,

Dhivesh