[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Deployment Descriptor in JBoss web service.

Jim Ma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 28 04:36:06 EDT 2011

Jim Ma [http://community.jboss.org/people/jim.ma] created the discussion

"Re: Deployment Descriptor in JBoss web service."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/595886#595886

> Nagendra Singh wrote:
>
> I am bit new to JBoss what previuosly worked on Axis and weblogic webservice. I have some queries:
>
> 1.) As we have deployment descriptor for axis (i.e. WSDD file) and weblogic (service.xml file) do we have same in JBoss also.

It depends which stack (jbossws-cxf/jbossws-native) will you use. Basically JBoss just needs web.xml to provide the endpoint impl to deploy a service. If you want to configure security or other resource reference, you may need the jboss-web.xml.  We also support  jbossws-cxf.xml descriptor in jbossws-cxf stack to enable more cxf specific features.
> 2.) In Weblogic we have been using "AutoType" ant task which generates "Data type mapping and Java/Serialization class" for non-built-in data types that used as parameters. Do we same available in JBoss.
No. That's the Weblogic specific thing. JBossWS marshall/unmarshall data with standard JAXB implementation. If your application start with a pojo class, the JAXBIntroduction or CXF's Aegis databinding can help.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]