[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Classloading issue for beginner. Make an isolation policy

spulci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 31 05:39:37 EDT 2011

spulci [http://community.jboss.org/people/spulci] created the discussion

"Classloading issue for beginner. Make an isolation policy"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/596745#596745

Hallo,

i've got a JBOSS 5.1 configuration (it's not the minimal one and I can't modify it). My web application (just a WAR, no EJB) uses for its own hibernate libraries as well as other jars used in common/lib dir by JBoss. Starting the app generate several coflict on methods on various jars (ClassNotFound Exception as well as MethodNotFound....).
I've started reading that I should add a descriptor in my web-inf dir (jboss-web.xml) to instruct jboss to apply an isolation policy to use the right classloader having no conflicts. I'm getting crazy because of lack of experience in configuring JBoss so I need some help.

My goal is to have JBOSS using my web-inf/lib to solve classloading issue using my jars with right versioning.

Can someone give me some example or a tutorial or even a brief xml snippet to achieve this?

Thanks a lot

Simon