[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Unit Testing EJB3 on Jboss4 and Jboss5

Andrew Rubalcaba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 1 20:24:42 EDT 2011

Andrew Rubalcaba [http://community.jboss.org/people/arubalcaba] created the discussion

"Unit Testing EJB3 on Jboss4 and Jboss5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/602915#602915

I'm pretty new to JBoss and EJB3. One problem I am running across right now on projects is lack of unit test. I want to try and develop a solid framework for Unit Testing EJB3 beans but before I do this I want to make sure I'm not reinventing the wheel. Here is what I'm looking for.

A Quick way to Unit Test EJB3
A way to test Entity Beans with a database and insert, update, delete, and read data from a Database.
Mockup JNDI resources if needed

I am using Jboss4 and Jboss5. I know the latest EJB spec and Jboss version has some new tools to allow for better unit testing but at the moment we cannot upgrade these things.

Any examples and blog posting on unit testing EJB3 on Jboss would also be greatly appreciated.