[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Jboss AOP loads but doesnt seem to be working

Tino Sainz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 4 12:33:00 EDT 2011

Tino Sainz [http://community.jboss.org/people/black_ice_spa] created the discussion

"Jboss AOP loads but doesnt seem to be working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/603489#603489

Hello,

This its my first AOP project (porting from AspectJ) and i followed this guide (a little):
 http://java.dzone.com/news/an-introduction-aspect-oriente?page=0,1 http://java.dzone.com/news/an-introduction-aspect-oriente?page=0,1

I put the javaagent pointing to jboss-aop-single.jar (download aop today, so lastest GA version). <- Using Load time weaving

<aop>
   <aspect class="main.customHibernateAOP"/>

   <bind pointcut="execution(void pruebahibernate_1.ManejadorLibro2->pruebas())">
                    <around aspect="main.customHibernateAOP" name="inicializa"/>
          </bind>
</aop>

Using that jboss-aop.xml (it gets loaded, and main.customHibernateAOP its also found) i get no errors, if i change for example main.customHibernateAOP to main.ajajdjasj i'll get class not found there, so jboss-aop.xml and classes are fine (not classpath problem i think).

My problem is that it does absolutely nothing (doesnt print to out)

public class customHibernateAOP {

    public Object inicializa(MethodInvocation invocation) throws Throwable{
               System.out.println("Awwwwwwwiniciww\n\n\n\n"); <-- It never prints on console
          return invocation.invokeNext();
    }

}

That's my method.

My class its pruebahibernate_1.ManejadorLibro2

and method its

public void pruebas() {
System.out.println("Im here"); (this one does show on console)
...}

I have a more complex pointcut (the one im really porting) also there and not working.

Any help?, thanks

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]