[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Error trying to create web service in JBoss Developer Studio

Steve Singer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 5 10:37:40 EDT 2011

Steve Singer [http://community.jboss.org/people/stevesinger] created the discussion

"Error trying to create web service in JBoss Developer Studio"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/603709#603709

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I figured since it's JbossWS based, someone here has a good chance of having a similar error.

I am having an error trying to create a web service in JBoss Developer Studio 3.0.1.  I am performing the following steps:

*  Verified that the JBossWS is installed and running on my instance of JBoss 5.0
* Create a dynamic web project that is tied to my instance of JBoss 5.0
* Go into the project and set the project facets to point to the JBoss Web Services Core
* Create a simple class -- here is the complete source code:

package com.ws.test;

import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService
public class HelloWorld {

          @WebMethod
          public String sayHello(String name) {
                    return "Hello " + name;
          }

}

* I then select the class, click New > Other... > Web Services > Web Service
* I select "Bottom Up Java Bean Web Service" and leave all the other  defaults.
* Click "Next"
* Choose "Generate WSDL' and "Update web.xml" then click "Next" and I get the following window --

Error: Could not generate. (use --show-traces to see full traces)
Error: Failed to load: org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.CustomizableJAXBContextFactory

Any idea what I am doing wrong?    Thanks in advance

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]