[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Wrong warning detection for CDI injection point

Grégoire Rolland do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 6 12:50:05 EDT 2011

Grégoire Rolland [http://community.jboss.org/people/grolland.jspirit] created the discussion

"Wrong warning detection for CDI injection point"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/603949#603949

Hi,

I realize the Weld Example for injecting SLF4J Logger with Eclipse, Maven and Jboss Tools.
I build one project where there is the bean with the producer method for Logger :

Project 1
   --> LoggerFactory
    --> Log Annotation

And I create a second project wich depend from the first :

Project 2
    --> BeanWithLogger

I write this code :

Log.java
{code}
@BindingType
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
@Target({ ElementType.METHOD, ElementType.FIELD, ElementType.PARAMETER })
public @interface Log
{
}
{code}
LoggerFactory.java
{code}
@Named
public class LoggerFactory
{
    @Produces
    @Log
    public Logger createLogger(final InjectionPoint in_injectionPoint)
    {
        return org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(in_injectionPoint.getMember().getDeclaringClass());
    }
}
{code}
BeanWithLogger.java
{code}
@Named
public class BeanWithLogger
{
    @Inject
    @Log // Here CDI validiator says : No bean is eligible for injection to the injection point [JSR-299 §5.2.1]
    private Logger logger = null;
}
{code}
I think this warning is wrong. The code works fine. Is there a problem (misconfuguration or bug) with the CDI validator ?

Thanks for your answers