[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Problem using JAR files in Web Service

ccmagrane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 10 10:15:29 EDT 2011

ccmagrane [http://community.jboss.org/people/ccmagrane] created the discussion

"Problem using JAR files in Web Service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/604476#604476

I'm using JBOSS 5.1 and I am developing a Web Service that uses the BOE SDK JAR files.  After I add the specific jar files to my project I attempt to deploy the Web Service and it gives me this specific error:

Caused by: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 3 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession is an interface, and JAXB can't handle interfaces.
this problem is related to the following location:
  at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession
  at private com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession login.jaxws.LogInResponse._return
  at login.jaxws.LogInResponse
com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession does not have a no-arg default constructor.
this problem is related to the following location:
  at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession
  at private com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession login.jaxws.LogInResponse._return
  at login.jaxws.LogInResponse
java.util.Locale does not have a no-arg default constructor.
this problem is related to the following location:
  at java.util.Locale
  at public abstract java.util.Locale com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession.getLocale() throws com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException
  at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession
  at private com.crystaldecisions.sdk.framework.IEnterpriseSession login.jaxws.LogInResponse._return
  at login.jaxws.LogInResponse
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException$Builder.check(IllegalAnnotationsException.java:102)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:472)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:302)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1136)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:154)
at com.sun.xml.bind.api.JAXBRIContext.newInstance(JAXBRIContext.java:106)
at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.CustomizableJAXBContextFactory.createContext(CustomizableJAXBContextFactory.java:127)
... 34 more

These errors are kind of scary because it looks like I can't use the classes in these jar files, but something tells me there has to be some way to get around it.  I'm guessing that I might not have annotated my code the specific way it needs to be.
here is my code:

@WebService(name = "reportengine.login")
@SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT,
         use = SOAPBinding.Use.LITERAL,
         parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
public class Login {

public IEnterpriseSession session;
public IInfoStore iStore;

public Login(){}