[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: Bind external ejbs to jndi

Anita Albert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 13 09:56:26 EDT 2011

Anita Albert [http://community.jboss.org/people/anitaalbert] created the discussion

"Re: Bind external ejbs to jndi"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/605182#605182

I think my original post has quite a few mistakes. - I need clients on server B to call interfaces on server A without doing a remote lookup. And the two options I was looking at were -

1. On server A - to configure ejbs to also bind to the naming service on B while getting deployed.
   or
2. On server B - to configure jndi so that the jndi name indirectly points to jnp://serverA:1099/jndi name

 Well, the reason we need this approach is that server B is going to be within a firewall and server A is going to be outside of it. The main application will be deployed on server B and only certain specific interfaces that cannot function within the firewall will be deployed on server A. So when the server processing happens on server B and it tries to invoke those specific interfaces, I need it to get processed by A instead of B. But since the application has been originally designed for a single server - all look ups are local and I would like to leave it that way.  I don't think clustering would be an option because we do not want server A to do any of the processing like DB access - the only processing it should do would be those specific functions which cannot happen behind a firewall.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]