[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Using JBoss 4.2.3 as a webservice client, and signing it

Arian van Dongen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 16 05:35:32 EDT 2011

Arian van Dongen [http://community.jboss.org/people/dongenar] created the discussion

"Using JBoss 4.2.3 as a webservice client, and signing it"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/605413#605413

Hi,

I'm using JBoss 4.2.3.GA with java 5.

I created a webservice client which I generated the source code for from a wsdl with the next command in the bin folder:
wsconsume -k -o target -s source wsdlname.wsdl

I put this code in a generated jar which I am using in my client jar. I package my client jar in a war file and and package this war file in an ear.
When I deploy the ear in my container my client works as it should be. So far so good.

Now I need to implement that the soap message that is being send needs to be signed.

I've found the following "tutorial on the web which I followed":
 http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/10936_3802631_4/Securing-Web-Services-in-JBoss-Application-Server-with-WS-Security.htm http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/10936_3802631_4/Securing-Web-Services-in-JBoss-Application-Server-with-WS-Security.htm

What I did is the following:
1. used keytool to create the client certificate ( I did not generate a server certificate, because I receaved it form the server)
2. added a JBoss-wsse-client.xml file to the META-INF folder
3. added a standard-jaxws-client-config.xml to the META-INF folder

I created a client and run it from the jboss/bin folder with wsrunclient.bat, this works fine.

Trying in in the container:
Now I packaged this all in my ear and tried to run it but it looks like the container does not see the configuration files in the META-INF folder. The webservice still works, but no security signature is added when it is send.

Could anyone help me what am I doing wrong? Should these files be placed in another location (not in the META-INF form the client.jar? Should anything else be configured, or should some jars be included in the classpath for this to work?

Thanks in advance.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]