[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: anyway to do loadtime aop without javaagent?

null null do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 17 15:49:47 EDT 2011

null null [http://community.jboss.org/people/deanhiller] created the discussion

"Re: anyway to do loadtime aop without javaagent?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/605732#605732

>From the AOP docs, there was compile time, load time(and then hotswap as well).  didn't want compile time, load time required a change to command line.

I figured out how to do it myself with javassist and on bootup I just define the class files before someone loads the class in for the first time thanks to the fact that annovention scans annotations without loading classes(that rocks) and thanks to javasssist reading in bytecode without loading the class files and then I modify the class and inject it into the classloader...works great now!!!

I wish I could have done that with jbossAOP but there was no docs on how to load the new class into the classloader.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]