[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: jbossws-native: Publish HttpContext via Endpoint API

Pedro Correia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 19 06:08:36 EDT 2011

Pedro Correia [http://community.jboss.org/people/sgt_pimenta] created the discussion

"Re: jbossws-native: Publish HttpContext via Endpoint API"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/606018#606018

Hi Alessio,

Thanks for your input, my comments below.

>>> the Endpoint.publish() API is meant to be consumed directly by final users in JSE environments only;

This may be an interesting discussion, since in '09 it did not appear to be that clear e.g.  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBWS-2674 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBWS-2674
Here you were aiming at «Implement Endpoint.publish() support for both JSE and J2EE environments»

>>> there's nothing in the spec saying you're granted to have a deployment on the already running container in JavaEE environment; btw, the TCK for >>> that used to assume a new server is actually started

One can also argue there is nothing in the spec saying that you cannot have a running container. The TCK exemplifies with a «hypothetical HTTP server».

Ok, I agree that once you establish this interface is valid only for JSE this is a useless discussion.
What is most tricky is that JBossWS-Native went from using Tomcat as +Endpoint.publish+ default target container (with or without hacking) to NOT supporting it at all, at least programatically.
That is a pain because, if not for better reason, broke the support for programmatic publishing on JBoss-AS  :)

Regards,
Pedro

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]