[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Datasource file in WEB-INF or deploy directory

davidmiller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 20 09:11:10 EDT 2011

davidmiller [http://community.jboss.org/people/davidmiller] created the discussion

"Datasource file in WEB-INF or deploy directory"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/606261#606261

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to JBoss, so bear with me if this is a silly question.

I have been under the understanding that the datasource file (*-ds.xml) should be place in the deploy directory of the given server, as per [[ http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-9498 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DSdotXML]].
But I have found that if a *ds.xml file is in the WEB-INF directory of a war file within the ear file, then this file is used.

If both files are present I find that I can't deploy the Ear and the error message rarely points me in the direction of connection issues, although sometimes it does say the connection is already configured.

What is best practice for dealing with datasources?

Thanks,

Dave

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]