[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM5 running processess/tasks behaviour when App Server shutdown/restart

Anand Prakash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 24 19:25:41 EDT 2011

Anand Prakash [http://community.jboss.org/people/anandintouch] created the discussion

"JBPM5 running processess/tasks behaviour when App Server shutdown/restart"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/606838#606838

My question is related to JBPM5 in case when we shutdown/restart app server(tomcat5) then what happens to running processes/task.

1. Can we complete running processess/tasks when server restart ?Meaning  will jbpm kick off old running processess/tasks and work as it is?
  If so then SessionInfo tables has one record related to last session then will it pick up that session ?

2. If SessionInfo table need to maintain all records(sessions which were running before server down) then do we need to drop and create new hibernate_sequence when next time server starts which creates new session record with id "1" which is used in CommandDelegate to load knowledgesession as below-

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(1, kbase, config, env);

We are creating new hibernate_sequence whenever server starts if hibernate_sequence doesn not exixts. So if it exists then SessionInfo table has record with id greater than 1 like 520,640 etc. ,So will this create issue in trigerring old processes/task which was running before server shutdown?

I would appreciate if anybody has any idea or comments.
Thanks,
Anand