[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JMS component does not deploy in fail over

Masao Kato do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 26 00:51:45 EDT 2011

Masao Kato [http://community.jboss.org/people/Ganso] created the discussion

"JMS component does not deploy in fail over"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/607096#607096

Hi, I am testing the HA(shared store) with HornetQ on JBoss5. (HornetQ2.2.2Final / JBossEAP5.1)

In HornetQ User Manual

> 38.1.1.1.2. Backup Server Configuration
>
> The first thing to mention is that the backup only needs a hornetq-jboss-beans.xml and a hornetq-configuration.xml configuration file. This is because any JMS components are created from the Journal when the backup server becomes live.

I am not putting hornetq-jms.xml on the deploy directory of the backup server.
 But, JMS component (Queue,Topic,ConnectionFactory..) defined with hornetq-jms.xml of the live server is not deployed by the backup server at the failover.
(JMS component createed with the JMX console is deployed)

When I put hornetq-jms.xml on the deploy directory of the backup server by way of experiment, the JMS component was deployed.

I confirmed the binding journal of JMS(hornetq-jms-*.jms).
The content of hornetq-jms.xml is not output.
The operation of  JMS component with JMX console is output.

Therefore, hornetq-jms.xml in addition to hornetq-jboss-beans.xml and hornetq-configuration.xml is necessary for the backup server.

I think that it is a bug of the document.
Or, are some settings necessary?

Thanks,

Masao Kato

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]