[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to associate a custom WorkItemNodeHandler in a subprocess?

Connie Yang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 26 12:58:52 EDT 2011

Connie Yang [http://community.jboss.org/people/connie.yang] created the discussion

"How to associate a custom WorkItemNodeHandler in a subprocess?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/607300#607300

Hi,

I have defined a parent workflow (using RuleFlowProcessFactory) that calls another process via subProcessNode in a for-each loop.  When I start the parent process, I register my WorkItemHandler with the WorkItemManager.

*      ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("myHandler",*
*                                                          new MyWorkItemHandler());*

MyWorkItemHandler is called (as expected) in all the WorkItemNode in the parent flow.  But yet, MyWorkItemHandler is not called in any of the WorkItemNode(s) in the subprocess.

It seems to me that MyWorkItemHandler is not "global" in the parent and child processes.  Is there a way for me to make the subprocess "aware" of MyWorkItemHandler?

Thanks for the help!