[jboss-user] [JBoss AS Documentation] - XML configuration file documentation

Divyang Dalal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 27 17:34:27 EDT 2011

Divyang Dalal [http://community.jboss.org/people/dbd1979] created the discussion

"XML configuration file documentation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/607593#607593

I was looking for documentation on  xml configuration files used in JBoss.
For e.g.
application.xml
jboss-app.xml
ejb-jar.xml
jboss.xml
web.xml
jboss-web.xml

I want a simple explanation of what these files are used for and what they contain (at a high level).
I could not find anything specific in the documentation provided -  http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/5-x http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/5-x
I also looked at the dtd page and read through annotations in dtds but they dont seem to provide enough information.
Please let me know if there is a different place/link that I should be looking at.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS Documentation at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2079]