[jboss-user] [jBPM] - MultiInstance with output

Gary tse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 3 02:18:39 EDT 2011

Gary tse [http://community.jboss.org/people/garytse] created the discussion

"MultiInstance with output"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/634737#634737

Hi all,

I've a problem collecting outputs from a multi-instance node.

For testing purpose I've set up a case that looks like this :

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-634737-17262/multiinstance.JPG  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-634737-17262/450-118/multiinstance.JPG

I have a List<String> listOfItems that are run in multiple instances in the big square.  Each instance modify the string.  After that, the outputs are to be gathered and displayed.

When I look at the BPMN spec, in "Table 10.29 - MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics attributes and model associations", there is "loopDataOutputRef" and "outputDataItem" that is suppose to do exactly what I need.  Is this something supported in JBPM engine?  I know that the designer may not work so I've been modifying the XML directly.   That did not seem to work.

Here is the bpmn2 file and my junit test case :