[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Propagation of ABORT state in Sub process to parent.

Joao Schim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 3 05:54:00 EDT 2011

Joao Schim [http://community.jboss.org/people/jschim] created the discussion

"Re: Propagation of ABORT state in Sub process to parent."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/634781#634781

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the quick response..  Lets see if i understand what you are saying.
Here are three of the many process definitions that we have currently floating around.

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-634781-17266/flow.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-634781-17266/450-582/flow.png
The top-left process is our main process which calls (among others) the validation sub-process which is situated in the picture in the top-right position.  The validation subprocess on his turn calls the process situated below. which does a specific validation task.
So here we have a chain of three (sub-)processes. the one below clearly shows the 'Reject' task which puts the process in an aborted state.
Please correct me if i'm wrong. what you are suggesting is putting an event catching node in the two processes above in order to catch the aborted state from the process below ?  I must admit that i'm not very familiar with the boundary error event catching. I will surely look into that.
Any pointers to what that exactly means are very helpful  :)   I don't think i came across that term in my eclipse env.

Thanks again!