[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Application specific (per-deplyoment) logging AS6 final and correct reference to Logger

Pasquale Imbemba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 9 05:26:21 EST 2011

Pasquale Imbemba [http://community.jboss.org/people/pi4630] created the discussion

"Application specific (per-deplyoment) logging AS6 final and correct reference to Logger"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/635682#635682

Hi,

I've applied the changes to my logmanager-jboss-beans.xml as described  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9407 here. When I startup my JBoss AS, I get the following error:

ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] (Thread-2) Failed to load profile:: org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "Logging:REGISTRATION:Mercurius:Anonymous-0" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "JBossLogManagerContextSelectorService" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'JBossLogManagerContextSelectorService' **")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "JBossLogManagerContextSelectorService" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'JBossLogManagerContextSelectorService' **

        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1228) [:2.2.0.GA]
        at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:905) [:2.2.0.GA]
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.deployers.MainDeployerPlugin.checkComplete(MainDeployerPlugin.java:87) [:6.0.0.Final]
        at org.jboss.profileservice.deployment.ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.checkAllComplete(ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.java:107) [:0.2.2]
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:135) [:6.0.0.Final]
        at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:56) [:6.0.0.Final]
        at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer.startBootstraps(AbstractServer.java:827) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]
        at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer$StartServerTask.run(AbstractServer.java:417) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

The application specific jboss-logging.xml is inside META-INF folde of my application, which is deployed as JAR. The file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- My application jboss-logging.xml -->

<logging xmlns="urn:jboss:logging:6.0" context="Mercurius">

    <!-- ~ This element, in conjunction with the "context" attribute above,
        tells the ~ logging system that I want my own separate logging environment. -->
    <define-context name="Mercurius" />

    <!-- Just an example handler. -->
    <file-handler file-name="/home/pb26683/Pippo.log" name="FILE"
        autoflush="true" append="true">
        <formatter>
            <pattern-formatter pattern="%d %-5p [%c] (%t) %s%E%n" />
        </formatter>

        <properties>
            <property name="encoding">UTF-8</property>
        </properties>
    </file-handler>

    <!-- Configure the root logger with my handler from above -->
    <root-logger>
        <level name="INFO" />
        <handlers>
            <handler-ref name="FILE" />
        </handlers>
    </root-logger>
</logging>

Why is "JBossLogManagerContextSelectorService" the state "missing"?

A more general question: from my SLSB, I refer to the org.jboss.logging.Logger this way:

org.jboss.logging.Logger;

Should it be referenced by annotation instead?