[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Thread leak

Sıtkı Poyraz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 10 08:13:26 EST 2011

Sıtkı Poyraz [http://community.jboss.org/people/poyrazus] created the discussion

"Thread leak"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/635926#635926

Hi all,

I've searched the web and also forums but could not find a solution.

I'm using Eclipse 3.6.2 with JBossTools 3.2 plugin. Developing a dynamic web project (JSF+Seam) deployed on JBoss AS 6.0.
A strange behavior I observerd is that after some time working in Eclipse (Jboss AS is also running) I got OutOfMemoryException saying "could not create new native thread". After some digging, I found (via JConsole) that in every publish, a new thread named "JMX server connection timeout ###" is created in both Eclipse and also a corresponding one in JBoss AS with a similar name. But these threads never get timed out, the thread count always increases. Thus out of memory occurs.
Someone had asked a very similar problem in Oracle forums and the answer is that it is a bug related to the client. That's why I thougt it may be something related to JBoss Tools. Anyone knows the problem or the solution.

A similar discussion in Oracle forums
 https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1665966 https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1665966

Regards,
Umur