[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - no success increasing number of redelivery attempts

stupormundi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 10 13:07:01 EST 2011

stupormundi [http://community.jboss.org/people/stupormundi] created the discussion

"no success increasing number of redelivery attempts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/635995#635995

In JBoss AS 5.1 , messaging 1.4.3 , I have a queue that I've attempted to make more resilient by changing the RedeliveryDelay and the DeliveryAttempts.

I've set the DefaultRedeliveryDelay on the ServerPeer to 10000 ms and that worked, so far so good.

I had initially set the DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts (on the ServerPeer, for all my queues) to 10, but the number of redeliveries always appeared to be 5 or 6, in the log it would show:

Message redelivered=6 max=5 sending it to the dlq delegator->JBossMessage[2164239059637043
6]:PERSISTENT, deliveryId=13

I increased the DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts on the ServerPeer to 20, but the number of actual redelivery attempts didn't increase.

I then tried to override this for the particular queue I was interested in to 30, like so:

<attribute name="MaxDeliveryAttempts">30</attribute>

... but the result was the same. I always checked the JMX console to be sure the settings had been picked up.

I've left the timeToLive on the MessageProducer on the default (0) and have also put in logging on it and on the produced messages to confirm that it is indeed 0.

Is there anything else that could cut down the number of redelivery attempts? .. After all, the queue attribute is called MaxRedeliveryAttempts and not RedeliveryAttempts ....

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]