[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to set timeCycle on boundryEvent at runtime

Hardik Dave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 11 02:46:28 EST 2011

Hardik Dave [http://community.jboss.org/people/hadik] created the discussion

"How to set timeCycle on boundryEvent at runtime"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/636071#636071

Hi community,

I am using jbpm 5.1.0.Final.
and jboss-5.1.0.GA as server.

I am trying to set the dynamic time at boundary event using follwing code in bpmn file.

<boundaryEvent id="_4" name="TimerEvent" attachedToRef="_2" >
      <timerEventDefinition>
        <timeCycle xsi:type="tFormalExpression">#{time}</timeCycle>
      </timerEventDefinition>
</boundaryEvent>

I debug it and found that #{time} is not evaluating and the process is directly escalated. It is not giving me error also in log file. Is it my fault??Which datatype I should select for "time" variable.I have declared "time" as process variable.

I have attached my bpmn2 process.

I am using .ftl files for user interface and getting value of time from ftl file.