[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Process Version

Amin Mohammed-Coleman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 17 03:43:13 EST 2011

Amin Mohammed-Coleman [http://community.jboss.org/people/amin-mc] created the discussion

"Re: Process Version"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/636929#636929

I noticed this:

"The running process instance proceeds as normal, following the process (definition) as it was defined when the process instance was started. As a result, the already running instance will proceed as if the process was never updated. New instances can be started using the updated process."

does this mean if my process instance is persisted and then i signal to it again it will follow the new definition?  I am slightly confused by this. to me the process instance should use the process definition it started with unless i explicity try to migrate it.