[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Lorg/jboss/remoting/ConnectionListener; Ljava/util/Map; )

Ankit Goel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 17 10:14:06 EST 2011

Ankit Goel [http://community.jboss.org/people/ankgoel] created the discussion

"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Lorg/jboss/remoting/ConnectionListener;Ljava/util/Map;)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/636999#636999

We have the following configuration -
JBoss version is 4.2.3 GA

JBoss messaging: 1.4.5 GA
Remoting version: 2.2.3

We are trying to consume JBoss JMS topic messages from Oracle iAS 10.1.3.5 using 3rd party configurations.
We included the JBoss jars into Oracle iAS library. And we get the following exception -

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Lorg/jboss/remoting/ConnectionListener;Ljava/util/Map;)V
at org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection$1.run(JMSRemotingConnection.java:374)
at org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection.start(JMSRemotingConnection.java:368)
at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate$aop(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java:165)

I looked at jboss-messaging-client.jar and jbossall-client.jar for the classes involved in above exception. It seems the method connect(Lorg/jboss/remoting/ConnectionListener;Ljava/util/Map) is not available in Client.class which JMSRemotingConnection is trying to invoke !

Is it an issue with JBoss jars not being compatible ?
Do we have standars set of JBoss messaging jars to be used for Oracle iAS 10g.

Thanks,
Ankit

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]