[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Creating and executing simple jsp page

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 10:18:18 EDT 2011

Peter Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: Creating and executing simple jsp page"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630066#630066

The registration.jsp file should be in the base directory of the war, not within WEB-INF/classes. Files within WEB-INF and not accessible via URL.

Based on your pom.xml, I suspect that you did not create a web app project. Your JSP should be at src/main/webapp/registration.jsp. Then if the packaging type in the pom.xml is war, the WAR file will contain the JSP in the correct location. This is just a guess based on the WAR file contents, I would really need to see the complete pom.xml to know better.