[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Why is my kruntime null?

Ryan Peterson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 13:14:33 EDT 2011

Ryan Peterson [http://community.jboss.org/people/rrpeterson] created the discussion

"Re: Why is my kruntime null?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630112#630112

I'm running into this exact exception today trying to implement process migration via:  WorkflowProcessInstanceUpgrader.upgradeProcessInstance()

During the migration, a call is made to getProcess() within ProcessInstanceImpl:

|  | public Process getProcess() { |
|      | if (this.process == null) { |
|          | this.process = kruntime.getKnowledgeBase().getProcess(processId); |
|      | return this.process; |
|  | } |

kruntime is null internally.

Based on a different poster's experience I tried removing Bitronix as the transaction manager by commenting out the following:
env.set(EnvironmentName.TRANSACTION_MANAGER, TransactionManagerServices.getTransactionManager());
I "think" it works, but I get an error further along in the conversion about being unable to cast CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession to InternalKnowledgeRuntime.

Not sure if this is helpful to you...