[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: The bpmn2 process editor and the guvnor web process editor can`t be compatible freely?

Tihomir Surdilovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 16:40:08 EDT 2011

Tihomir Surdilovic [http://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: The bpmn2 process editor and the guvnor web process editor can`t be compatible  freely?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630146#630146

Hi Adam,

>> web editor isnt usable yet... None of my proc esses from guvnor dont run under jbpm. newer versions that are comming are even worse. <<
What you are saying has no weight to it, unless you can provide some specific examples. If you can gist or pastebin the processes you are running into it would help get them fixed. We have frequent releases of the designer and would like it if you can help us get it better for the future...

>> web designer loads xml of your bpmn process but than makes its own ids and names etc and than saves it its own way. To have full controll you need to wait for web designer to be ready or edit xml manualy. Best is the mixture of using eclipse designer and web designer... this sucks I know. <<
The eclipse.bpmn2 API has it's own id creation strategy .. I agree that the default id's created are not very human-readable...which can be changed (please raise a Jira for it). However existing Ids of uploaded processes are not overwritten.

Again, you make no sense with your statement (other than just sound off like someone who does not know what he is talking about) unless you can provide specific examples, which would help us get the web designer better for future releases.

Thanks.