[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Calling two different work item handler from different nodes

snyperboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 6 03:29:58 EDT 2011

snyperboss [http://community.jboss.org/people/snyperboss] created the discussion

"Calling two different work item handler from different nodes"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630325#630325

Hello All,

I saw this write up on creating custom  work item for 'Notification'

 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch13.html#d0e3540 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.1/userguide/ch13.html#d0e3540

Suppose in my work flow if I have two notification at two different locations. How do I configure each to call a different work Item handler.

As per my understanding I can only call

session.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Notification", new CustomNotifyWorkItemHandler());

which applies to both the notification.How can I have something like

session.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Notification1", new CustomNotifyWorkItemHandlerOne());
session.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Notification2", new CustomNotifyWorkItemHandlerTwo());

Do  need o create two custom work item's Notification1 and Notification2?

Regards!