[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - After upgrade of JBoss 5.1 to use JBossWS 3.4, errors when running server from Eclipse

Steve Cohen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 6 10:17:52 EDT 2011

Steve Cohen [http://community.jboss.org/people/stevecoh4] created the discussion

"After upgrade of JBoss 5.1 to use JBossWS 3.4, errors when running server from Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/630385#630385

(cross posted on Eclipse forum)
I downloaded and installed JBoss 5.1GA, also the JBoss plugins for Eclipse  on my PC (Windows XP).  These allowed me the option of creating a JBoss 5.1 Server in Eclipse pointed at the local installation.  Everything worked either standalone or in Eclipse (but obviously not simultaneously).

Then I upgraded the jboss web service support to 3.4.0, the highest that JBoss says is supported.  This put some new libraries in the installation.

Now I find that the JBoss installation starts and stops clean when run standalone(no apps are deployed and no errors) but the Eclipse "Server" config that runs the same server will not start without errors (which, however, are not fatal).  Can someone explain what's going on here and how to fix it?

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]