[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Strategy for dealing with "WARNING [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context"

Steve Cohen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 12 08:23:40 EDT 2011

Steve Cohen [http://community.jboss.org/people/stevecoh4] created the discussion

"Strategy for dealing with "WARNING [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/631343#631343

I am still a newbie here and trying for the first time to deploy a simple trial ejb web-service on WebSphere AS 5.1.  I can successfully deploy a web-module web service but the ejb one fails with "WARNING [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context".

This message is not very helpful.  I would expect to see in the logs somewhere an explanation or stack trace indicating what about my ejb the server finds objectionable.  I did some experimenting with adding some more logging but I haven't found the right combination of loggers to expose more information.

Is more information available in the logs, and if so, which logger should I boost the log output of?

Or is there another strategy I could pursue to figure out what is wrong?  Undoubtedly, I've done something wrong but I am not given the tools to help me find out what that is.  I am less interested in the specific solution than in finding out the best way to discover that solution.

Thanks.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]