[jboss-user] deploying m faces 2.0 war samples in jboss 5.1 or 6.0 final

Érico ericomtx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:34:10 EDT 2011

Hi

I am facing the following error when deploying the 2 war :
myfaces-example-simple20-1.1.11.war and tiles 1.1.11files in jboss 5.1.0 :

obs: the same is happening in JBoss 6.0 Final

SEVERE [org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.webapp.webxml.WebXmlParser] (main)
Unable to parse web.xml
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

ERROR
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/myfaces-example-simple20-1.1.11]]
(main) Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener

Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException:
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.TomahawkFacesContextFactory

I have copied the 2 JSF jar files (myfaces-api-2.0.4.jar and
myfaces-impl-2.0.4.jar) to jsf-libs in
JBOSS_HOME/SERVER/DEFAULT/DEPLOY/jbossweb.sar as it is described in :

1. http://community.jboss.org/wiki/upgradejbossastojsf2

2. http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss5AndMyFaces

I have added in both applications web.xml the context parameter :

<context-param>
     <param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-value>
</context-param>

Can you guys help me out on this ? I need to copy/paste the other common jar
files that come along with myfaces binaries ?

Also is there any configuration for TomaHawk ?

Thks&Regards
Érico