[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: EJB-Web Service built with wsconsume will not deploy on JBoss

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 13 04:03:16 EDT 2011

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the discussion

"Re: EJB-Web Service built with wsconsume will not deploy on JBoss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/631508#631508

> I am losing my mind on this.  I have been all over Google looking at annotated examples of supposed web services built on EJBs.  I am now reduced to frantically trying this and trying that, once again.  Seems to be a regular occurence on the JBoss learning curve.  And nothing works.
The jbossws testsuite includes many examples that are tested before any release, so they work for sure. Starting from them and looking at the authoritative documentation is a good idea.
This said, the problem here might be related to the way the application is packaged, can you tell that? Btw, I see [1] where the same issue is caused by a descriptor in a wrong position as a consequence of an error in a book.
> Nothing gets me over the hump of this @#$%^&* "WARNING [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context '/jbsv-ejb'".  I have no idea what it doesn't like.
I assume the deployment is failing for you after the WARNING, isn't it? Can you give some futher details on the exception you get?

> I can't find any complete example containing all the following elements:
>
> 1. "Hello World" Web Service built with top-down model from wsconsume from wsdl.
> 2. Deployed as EJB3 using annotations on JBoss 5.1 server.
>
> The examples in the JBossWS Testsuite that use EJB3 all use Style.RPC, which I can't use.  Is that the problem?  Does JBossWS support Style.DOCUMENT with EJB3?  I see examples that use Style.DOCUMENT in pojo Web Services, but none in EJB.
Of course document/literal syle is supported [2], both with EJB3 and POJO. The fact the tests in the jbossws testsuite all use rpc/literal is kind of a coincidence (most of them have been derived from the first ones by copying over the endpoint interface / impl, as that was probably not relevant for the test and keeping it as simple as possible was the important thing).

> Or maybe it's this:
>  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-6806 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-6806  ?
No. Moreover that's a JBPAPP jira, so it refers to the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. I assume you're using the 5.1.0.GA community version of JBoss, aren't you?

Regarding the need for ejb-jar.xml, yes, that's optional.

Again, try starting by the jbossws testsuite, pick something that is as close as possible to what you need and start changing what you need. Proceeding step by step might also help in finding where your problem is.

[1]  http://community.jboss.org/thread/146501 http://community.jboss.org/thread/146501
[2]  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13972#DocumentLiteral http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-UserGuide#DocumentLiteral

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]