[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to detect crashed process instance in jbpm 4.1 ?

Marco Rietveld do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 13 09:12:49 EDT 2011

Marco Rietveld [http://community.jboss.org/people/marco.rietveld] created the discussion

"Re: How to detect crashed process instance in jbpm 4.1 ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/631561#631561

Elisabeth,

Ah, indeed, I guess I missed that.

I guess the other things I might suggest in this case are the following:

- try to make all code in the actual jbpm 4 node/transition classes idempotent, and have any real operations be external to that code -- by placing the actual operations/actions in external webservices.
- In general, you want to limit code to nodes and +not+ put it in transitions. Among a number of other reasons, these kind of situations are one reason why it's not a good idea.

If you're able to do the above, then you can use the jBPM api to detect which processes are not running/active and restart them or otherwise discard the original process and restart a new process with the same initial information as the original process.

Good luck!
Marco