[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to setup Event to stop current execution & "jump" to that node?

Ryan Peterson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 18 14:20:55 EDT 2011

Ryan Peterson [http://community.jboss.org/people/rrpeterson] created the discussion

"How to setup Event to stop current execution & "jump" to that node?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/632377#632377

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to stop the current path of execution, and start at the point of a triggered event.

For example, I have a chain of emails to be sent (2 emails, each seperated by a 3 day timer) asking someone to perform an action which will trigger an event.  If they perform the event, then the 2nd email doesn't need to be sent (no reason since they already did what was asked).  If they don't reply to either email, then there would be further rules to deal with that.

Basically I have:

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-632377-17183/bpmn.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-632377-17183/450-311/bpmn.png

Two emails will be sent (ignore the first timer), after which a human task must occur.  If they read the emails and perform either of the two tasks below, then that path of action should be followed.

Right now if during one the of the timers an event occurs, that path of execution fires in parallel with the first path.  Is there a way to halt execution in the first path and just continue in the 2nd based on an event trigger?

Thanks for any help!