[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]

Mauricio Salatino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 19 09:05:05 EDT 2011

Mauricio Salatino [http://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/632511#632511

That topic is more related with hibernate and the database that you are using:
Some of the first hits in google give you this:  http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.3/reference/en/html/transactions.html#transactions-optimistic http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.3/reference/en/html/transactions.html#transactions-optimistic
If the support is not in jBPM5 we can definitely help to add that.
Before going to pesimistic locking I recommend you guys to check if you really need that. We usually see that the best approach is to implement a retry mechanism for multiple reasons:
1) JMS will do it for you
2) to handle low level problems like: server is down, database is down, network failure, etc a retrying mechanism will help your administrators to easily solve the problems
3) You will not add low lever error handling in  your processes.

Cheers