[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to setup Event to stop current execution & "jump" to that node?

Ryan Peterson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 20 11:17:29 EDT 2011

Ryan Peterson [http://community.jboss.org/people/rrpeterson] created the discussion

"Re: How to setup Event to stop current execution & "jump" to that node?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/632797#632797

Thanks guys,

Maciej:  I tried using a sub-process for the email sections (email sections would always be comprised of emails & timers, but I wasn't able to get the event to interrupt the process flow in the sub-process.  (It'd keep sending emails & waiting).  I tried using some of the examples as a guide (BPMN2-EscalationBoundaryEvent.bpmn2 for example), but I wasn't able to get it working properly.

Chris:  Do you have any examples of this?  I'm still a little weak in my understanding of processInstance variables, I'm not sure what the right way to implement a solution like this might be.

My (somewhat crude) solution was to make an event based diverging gateway that links to a copy of each event for each timer (since the timer is waiting for the event to happen).  Then all events converge and move through that path of execution.  This way if the event happens then the process goes that way, if the timer expires before the event, then the original path is taken.  It feels rather in-elegant, but it does seem to work properly in my testing.

User Task is the action to take if an event never happens, Script is the action to take if one of the events happens:

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-632797-17203/process.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-632797-17203/450-206/process.png