[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: No publish on save with Eclipse Indigo and JBoss AS Tools

Max Rydahl Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 26 03:20:50 EDT 2011

Max Rydahl Andersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: No publish on save with Eclipse Indigo and JBoss AS Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/633605#633605

You can also just right click on the module and choose restart.

Currently we've decided to not force a restart on .class changes because of two things:

1) when you use debugging you would no longer benefit from JDT/Java's hotcode replace when just changing the body of a class.

2) if we restart modules on every .class save you sessions will get lost. (This one was a bigger problem in previous AS's because of slower restarts)

...but just these 2 last weeks we got so many people saying this exact feature request so we will look into it - but I would love to hear if (especially #1) doesn't bother you during tomcat/glassfish usage ?