[jboss-user] [jBPM] - obsolete id

Darryl Youngblood do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 7 07:08:19 EDT 2011

Darryl Youngblood [http://community.jboss.org/people/d.y.] created the discussion

"obsolete id"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/625248#625248

Greetings,

i get a Nullpointer exception due to an obsolete workitem id. I created a process with the eclipse bpmn2 process editor so the ids of the tasks are automatically incremented. then i deleted some tasks and replaced them. so in my case the task with id 10 got deleted and replaced with a task with the id 34. but when i start my process and it comes to my custom task and custom task handler i get 10 as the id instead of 34

public void executeWorkItem(WorkItem wi, WorkItemManager wim) {
        this.workItemId = wi.getId(); // ==10 instead of 34
        this.wi = wi;     // wi.name is also wrong
        this.workItemManager = wim;

I could run my process when i used ((RuleFlowProcess) process).getNode(*34*).getOutgoingConnections().values() instead of
((RuleFlowProcess) process).getNode(*workItemId*).getOutgoingConnections().values()

but that is not a satisfying solution ;-) Is this bug known or do you have any advices how to solve this issue?

I'm using jbpm 5.1