[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: Failed to acquire the pool semaphore in empty pool

Garry Dias do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 8 11:38:53 EDT 2011

Garry Dias [http://community.jboss.org/people/garrydias] created the discussion

"Re: Failed to acquire the pool semaphore in empty pool"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/625559#625559

Let me explain better...

It´s my stateless bean:

@Clustered
@Stateless(name = "MyWorkerBean")
@Pool(value = PoolDefaults.POOL_IMPLEMENTATION_STRICTMAX, maxSize = 30)
public class MyWorkerBean implements WorkerInterface {
     public void sleep(boolean flag) throws Exception
     {
          Thread.sleep(60000);
     }
}

To stress this bean, I´m using a JMeter test case with 100 concurrent threads. Each thread perform a ejb lookUp for MyWorkerBean.
Each instance looked up performs a call to sleep() method. So, the first 30 lookups will perform and 70 will "Fail to aquire pool semaphore, strictTimeout=-1".
Now, I have 30 bean instances filling the pool for 60 seconds and the MBean for MyWorkerBean in jmx-console marks AvailableCount as 30.
After 60 seconds all 30 instances perform succesfully and I run 100 more jmeter threads, but this time all lookups blows with "Fail to aquire pool semaphore, strictTimeout=-1" and the MBean for MyWorkerBean in jmx-console marks AvailableCount as 0.

PS: the look up is performed by:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory.getBean("MyWorkerBean")

h5.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]