[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Which class executes the graph

Tobias Wittur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 10 19:27:15 EDT 2011

Tobias Wittur [http://community.jboss.org/people/tob1as] created the discussion

"Which class executes the graph"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/625904#625904

Hi,

in activiti, there is a class Execution.

This class
* keeps track of the current position of execution in a process flow during runtime (with a node pointer)
* it knows how to interpret the process graph
* it has a proceed method that takes the next transition, follows it up into the next destination node and invokes the node execution.

Where would I find this logic in jBPM. ? Is this part of a process instance?

I found this:

> ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("some.process");
Returns the first node when a process is waiting:
> ((org.jbpm.workflow.instance.WorkflowProcessInstance)processInstance).getNodeInstances().iterator().next().getNodeName()

So obviously the processInstance has knowledge about the current active nodes...

Source:  http://community.jboss.org/message/622379#622379 here

Best regards,

Tobias